Friday, February 27, 2009

Prophecy Fulfilled

It gives me goosebumps every time I watch this video, and realize that I am witnessing, largely in my own lifetime, the fulfillment of the prophecy recorded in Daniel 2:44-45.



It is thrilling to know that I and my family have been a small part of this great work from the beginning, even as my family had a small part in the founding of this precious Nation, and in the settlement of this promised New World.

One does not have to be rich or famous or popular to have a significant impact on the world. Usually, as the prophet Alma taught us, it is through small and simple things that God chooses to accomplish His great purposes. (Alma 37:6)

As Gandalf says to Bilbo Baggins at the conclusion of "The Hobbit," "Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies because you helped bring them about?"

Let us not make the mistake of denying that the ocean exists because, as a drop of water, we cannot see the ocean around us; nor the opposite mistake of taking credit for the ocean because we are a drop of water within it's vast boundaries. But, let us do take joy in being part of something wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment